Roger Taylor, Cambrian’s Managing Director, founded the company (as Cambrian Investments) in December 1973.
Based in Hawarden, North Wales (near Chester), since 1998, Cambrian has since grown considerably and has taken on more financial advisers and support staff to maintain the high level of service which is at the core of the business.
Roger and wife Norma, Financial Director at Cambrian, play an active part in the day to day running and continued growth of the business.
Roger and Norma care passionately about Cambrian, the staff, the clients and the future of the business and they are committed to ensuring the business continues in safe hands.
Cambrian is a family business – Roger and Norma’s son, Jack, is an adviser and director at Cambrian and their daughter Sally is also a director in the firm.
We are an independent company and have been awarded Chartered Status – the hallmark of excellence in the financial services industry.
Our advisers and staff understand that our Code of Ethics is at the heart of everything we do and we pride ourselves on the quality of service we deliver to our clients.
- 1971 – Roger Taylor left teaching to become an IFA
- 1973 – Roger Taylor sets up Cambrian Investments
- 1990 – Cambrian Associates Limited is incorporated
- 1996 – Stephen Hopkins joins Cambrian as an adviser
- 2000 – Richard Carew joins Cambrian as an adviser
- 2001 – John Pennington joins Cambrian as an adviser
- 2008 – Roger’s son Jack becomes part of the Cambrian team and Jason Lloyd-Jones also joins as an adviser
- 2011 – Roger Taylor steps back from advising clients to focus on his duties as Managing Director and his son Jack takes over his clients
- 2012 – Richard Carew Independent Financial Advisers Ltd and Stephen Hopkins IFA Ltd both become Appointed Representatives of Cambrian
- 2014 – Cambrian achieves Corporate Chartered Status
- 2015 – Cambrian Associates Ltd begins trading as Cambrian Chartered Financial Planners
- 2016 – After 18 years on Glynne Way in Hawarden, Cambrian moves to new offices on St David’s Park
- Cambrian continues to expand the team and services